Workshop. Sunday, 14th March, 2021. 1PM – 5PM.
Workshop Enquiries: (03) 4373 2657
**VERY LIMITED TICKET NUMBERS**
Adrian from the Eleven Paddocks Team will lead you through a intriguing afternoon, making a small batch of rosé Syrah (shiraz) in a natural wine Garagiste style, with minimal additions. All fun, nothing serious. No Sulphur.
A Fantastic Wine selection, plus elegant snacks and platters can be purchased at the bar to keep you satisfied over the course of the afternoon. Why not book a table for friends and family to join you in your wine making adventure?
Up to a 1/4 ton of grapes will be crushed and pressed live in the courtyard at RJM’s!
Opportunity to take home plenty of photos and memories, and maybe a demijohn of your very own wine to ferment at home!
What you get to do.
- Taste freshly picked Zero chemical Pyrenees Shiraz grapes
- Use winemaking analytical tools to test quality
- Have lots of fun Stomping the grapes in a communal Vat (pigeage)!! (Or use the plunger if you wish)
- Alternative to the communal Vat is the Individual Vat.
- Transfer and press grapes using the basket press
- Release the “grape cake”
- Taste grape must (juice)
- Learn How to adjust acidity
- Take away a 5L demijohn of fermenting Pyrenees Syrah Rosé you pressed yourself to look after! (Glass Demijohns Must be bought separately for an extra $40, or BYO container)
- Leaflet on how to care for your demijohn of rose wine till its ready for bottling.
- Learn where you can buy grapes and equipment to make your own wine at home.
- Notification of the next event, a bottling party in the future.